Hi Buzztrippers! Just a quick post today: Buzztripping is ready to enjoy the unique atmosphere of Pordenonelegge, a literary festival taking place in Pordenone from today to Sunday, September 18th. Pordenonelegge has quickly gained relevance since its first edition in year 2000: nowadays, it is considered as one of the most famous and remarkable cultural events in Italy. A not-to-be-missed rendezvous with literature, latest news, modern issues.
Pordenonelegge aims at fostering the meeting of readers with their favourite authors: the audience is encouraged to ask questions at the end of every speech, thus being involved and motivated to actively join a sort of collective debate. The little old town of Pordenone is getting “dressed” in black and yellow (the colors of Pordenonelegge) and is ready to welcome thousands of people.
Pordenonelegge: hands-on tips
As a regular of Pordenonelegge, I can provide you with some useful tips in order to help you live a fruitful experience at the Festival: read them carefully and Be Buzztripped!
- Be patient. I know this may sound menacing, but get used to the idea that you may queue up long in order to enter the Festival’s venues. A great deal of patience is required, since the most famous authors attract multitudes of people. Water, umbrella, a snack…and maybe a good book will support you!
- Be informed and prepare a backup plan. First read the program carefully: all the necessary information can be found here. Choose the events that you find more interesting and write them down: once you have your list done, calculate an estimated amount of time in order to plan your day. Consider a couple of hours for the most renowned authors (Gruber, Augias, Recalcati, Welsh, Sanchez among others this year) , and 45-60 minutes for the rest of the events. Make sure you have a backup plan: you might not find any available seat for a selected author, but with a comparable alternative you will always enjoy the festival!
- Ask for help and information: look for the “angels of Pordenonelegge”, an army of boys and girls with a yellow t-shirt on. They will be glad to help you for any question, doubt or request, and they have been trained to quickly solve any issue.
- Let Pordenonelegge surprise you: give a chance to an event you would not consider as in sync with your interests, step out of your comfort zone and choose at least one topic you do not know anything about. Let an intriguing description seduce you and meet an author you haven’t read anything of. Buzztripping’s word of honour: you will not regret your choice and you will fall in love with the unexpected!
- Relax and enjoy Pordenone: walk around its cobbled streets, admire its painted palaces, observe the lively atmosphere of Pordenonelegge. And after all this culture….it’s time for an aperitif! If you need some ideas, here you find my personal choices!